Ravee DhotreDISTRICT GOVERNOR 2019-20
Known affectionately as Ravee to his close friends, Ravee was born in Pune in 1951. He completed his schooling at Nutan Marathi Vidylaya, and graduated with B.A. L.L.B degrees. After acquiring some work experience with service in Tata and Birla Organizations, he started his entrepreneurial journey in 1981. The initial venture of a small scale engineering company bloomed into Vishvachhaya Group of Companies which include Manufacturing, Real estate development, Warehousing and Agro products. With his three manufacturing units, the group provides direct employment to 250 employees. HE is now supported by his two sons in managing the group.
Ravee joined Rotary in 1990 by promoting Rotary club of Pune Karve Nagar, Dist 3130, and is member of RC Poona North since 2000. In his 29 years of Rotary service, he has performed diverse roles of Leader, Coordinator, Trainer, Speaker and Ambassador. His Rotary career is as under:
- Past President of RCP Karvenagar (92-93) and RC Poona North (06-07), COPS Convener
- GSR of RCP Pashan and RCP Dehu road,
- First District Literacy Committee Chair (DLCC) from D3131 (2013-16), a position reporting to Rotary India Literacy Mission
- National Committee Member (Corporate and Trust Committee), Rotary India Literacy Mission 2015-17
- First elected Governor of 3131y direct voting.
- Raised more than 10 Cr funding thru Tata Group, the biggest corporate grant under CSR in Rotary India. Also instrumental in funds from Garware, Cognizant, ONGC etc. Has completed 1750+ E Learning schools till today, the highest achievement in South Asia
- Signed MOU with TATA Group for PAN India e-Learning projects.
- As Primary Contact under TRF Global Grants, executed projects worth $500,000 (RS. 3 crores+) till date
- Received matching grant worth $300,000 during his tenure as President in 2006-07
- Awarded best CSR Project 2015-16 by Tata Technologies. First time ever, an NGO partner was honored by TTL.
- Received First award of South Asia in Teacher Training and Second in E learning in South Asia Summit 2017
- Became Major Donor in 2012-13
- Invited to speak at various Rotary club meetings and seminars within and outside D3131 (3132, 3170, 3160 , 3262 etc)