|Minutes of Meeting
||Minutes of the Joint BOD meeting held on 24th May 2023 at 8.00pm
Present: Rtn Shirish Nandedkar, Rtn Shrikrishna Patil, Rtn Sunil Laghate, Rtn Rajan Mhatre,
Rtn Dr Deepak Purohit, Rtn Dr. Suhas Haldipurkar, Rtn Rajabhau Gupte,
Rtn Rajendra More, Rtn Anil Ambetkar, Rtn Kiran Parmar, Rtn Nitin Munoth.
1. President Shirish Nandedkar informed the group about the approval of our Global Grant Project GG 2346555 and hence this meeting to discuss on the details of project and its implementation.
2. He informed all that the final grant is approved for 1,88,000 USD. ( 1,74,000 + 14,000 USD for Contingency)
3. He informed that we have opened a separate new account in the IDBI bank, Panvel in the name of Rotary Global Grant GG2346555 for which the signing authorities are Shirish Nandedkar, Rajendra More and Dr. Nikhil Manohar.
Shirish Nandedkar is the Primary Contact for the project and Rajendra More and Dr. Nikhil Manohar are the secondary contact from our Club.
4. Dr. Suhas Haldipurkar briefed the group about the project details. We have got the approval for setting up three vision Centers. One in Mohopada, Second in Karjat and third in Badlapur. These vision centers will be fully equipped with instruments and medical staff ( Optometrists) by Laxmi Eye hospital and will be operating from Monday to Saturday from morning 9.00am to 5.00 pm daily. The Ophthalmologist will be visiting once a week on every Saturday and check all the cases which need further treatment and arrange for the treatment accordingly.
5. Patients from nearby villages will be coming here daily and they will be first checked for any abnormality and issued a card. If they require any operation either cataract or any other treatment they will be given it free.
6. In all 1600 Cataract surgeries are going to be done free of cost and also other operations like the Retina or Glaucoma etc will be operated wherever required.
7. There was a suggestion by Rajabhau Gupte that Dr. Suhas should give a presentation to all the members of our club about the scope of this project and the procedure to be followed if any one requires a treatment. It was agreed and will be planned soon.
8. It was also informed that for this GG project the Club has to contribute 7000 USD . Out of which club contributes from foundation account 5000USd and 2000 USd will be contributed by Dr. Suhas Halpurkar.
9. President informed that this year we had 11.0 Lacs + 5.0 Lacs in FD ( Festival account + Crematorium account)which were kept separate as a corpus fund. This action was discussed and implemented5after the last project of Crematorium was done and as the cost of project had got escalated all the savings in the account were used up and there was no balance for any contingency.
10. As there was no festival for last two years there was no fund generated and hence the funds generated through the Musical Program was of small amount.
11. Also as we had received the notice for GST payment for the years 2017-18 and 2018-19 which was along with the interest payment for delayed payment, it was decided to pay all the outstanding dues for GST this year which was Rs 3,97,574 and Rs 6,32,354 Total of R10, 30,000/-. This amount has been paid from these savings this year.
12. Now we are left with FD of Rs 7.0 Lacs and some cash of around Rs 2,50,000/-. This amount can be utilized to pay for our commitment for the Global grant of Rs 4,50,000
( 5000USD) and Rs 4.5 Lacs for the Happy School project taken up and is in progress.
However , if we pay up this amount then we won’t be left with any corpus fund for contingency.
13. Rtn Kiran Parmar informed that the GST payment for the year 2019-20 was still not received and may be raised this year. This could be of the order of Rs 2.0 Lacs. So provision for this should also be considered.
14. Dr Purohit suggested that anyhow we had kept this fund for contingency and as now we have already a commitment for this fund, let us pay up this from the available funds and we will again make up for the corpus fund from the Festival account that we have generated in 2022-23.
Also in case we receive the notice for 2019-20 we should pay it up from the corpus that we are going to generate this year.
This was agreed upon by all and approved that now we will not be left with any Corpus fund.
15. It was proposed by Dr. Purohit that the President should put this proposal in the General body meeting today and get it approved.
16. The Same was put up by President and explained to all in the meeting and was approved by all in the meeting on 24th May 2023.